Kela taxi Lapland
1. In Lapland, book a Kela taxi by calling 0800 414 610
The booking line is free of charge.
- It is only possible to receive a reimbursement for a Kela taxi if the journey is booked using the Kela taxi number. The maximum deductible you will pay for the journey is €25.
- Book a taxi no later than 2pm on the day before your journey.
- You can also book a taxi using this number if you need a taxi urgently.
- You can book all one-way and return journeys that you are aware at once.
- Book a return journey at least 1 hour before your departure time if you know the time of your return journey.
- Calls to the booking line are recorded for quality purposes. If necessary, Kela may also check the details of the booking after it has been made. The details that you provide during the call will not be used for any other purposes besides arranging your journey and processing your reimbursement at Kela. The data controller as meant in the Personal Data Act is Kela.
Customers with hearing or speech impediments can book a taxi by text message
You can book a taxi by text message after providing your customer details to the dispatch centre in your area.
More information is avalable on Kela’s website.
2. When calling the booking line, please specify
- Your name and personal ID number
- Whether you are booking the journey for health reasons or difficult travel arrangements
- An address for pick-up
- The destination (e.g. the hospital)
- The time you need to be at the treatment unit
- Whether you will have assistive equipment or an escort with you
- A telephone number to reach you on.
Kela customers can request a preferred taxi when they book their journey. The customer must know the number of their preferred taxi; the name of the driver alone is not enough to link the taxi with the booking. The customer requests the preferred taxi when they call to place their booking.
A preferred taxi is different from the right recognised by Kela to a familiar taxi driver, where a single driver can fulfil the customer’s regular taxi bookings. The customer’s right to a familiar taxi driver will remain unchanged.
How to book your preferred taxi
- Ask your preferred driver for the number of the taxi.
- Check with the driver in advance to ensure that your desired booking time is suitable for the driver’s/taxi’s schedule.
- Place your order with Taksi Helsinki by calling the Kela booking number 0800 414 610 and state the number of your preferred taxi when booking.
- The booking will be sent from the dispatch centre to your preferred taxi.
3.You will receive information about the taxi’s estimated arrival time
- Please notify the booking line immediately of any changes to a taxi journey you have booked.
- Changes must be reported no later than 2 hours before the agreed departure time.
4. Show the driver your Kela card
- When you show the driver your Kela card, you will receive reimbursement immediately in the taxi and pay a deductible of max. €25 for your journey.
5. Certificate for reimbursement for travel expenses (SV67)
- If you need a taxi for health reasons, please request a certificate from your healthcare provider (Certificate for reimbursement for travel expenses, SV 67)
- Keep the certificate, which is written for an individual journey, for a period of 6 months from the date of your journey. Kela may ask for it at a later date.
- Provide a certificate from Kela concerning your continuing right to the use of a taxi.
6. Familiar taxi driver
- Certain customer groups may be eligible for a familiar taxi driver. More information about familiar taxi drivers is available on Kela’s website.
- If you have the right to a familiar taxi driver, book your ride directly with the taxi driver. Download a familiar taxi driver list here (Excel)